I have been making a lot of zucchini recipes this month. We mainly use salsa at home as a dip for tortilla chips and after hearing about zucchini salsa from my neighbor, I decided to try it out. Like any salsa, this is also very easy to make. You can also have it as a snack or salad. Actually, K did not hear me say that it was salsa and was having it as a snack . When I got back after cleaning and asked him how the salsa was, he said that he thought he was supposed to eat it as is like a snack. Either way the bowl was empty . Off to the recipe. Adapted from nikibone.
Zucchini SalsaPrint Recipe
By July 29, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 20 mins
Dip for tortilla chips using zucchini.
- 2 cups zucchini (diced)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp scallion (green onions)
- 1 tbsp cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt (to taste)
- pinch of chilly powder (optional)
- Take zucchini and a tbsp of water in a vessel. Add tomato, green onion, cilantro and garlic. Mix well and allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Add vinegar and salt and cook until vegetables are done. Sprinkle chilly powder if using.
Grab some chips and enjoy the dip.