“Dish it Out” is going to be a monthly event where the host will pick 2 or 3 ingredients and the participants need to use ALL the ingredients mentioned by the host in one dish. The ingredients can range from vegetables to flours to legumes .. basically anything vegetarian. We should be able to taste the chosen ingredients in the dish. We can get wacky with the ingredients or keep it simple and it is totally up to the hosts.
Do drop in a line at vardhini(at)cooksjoy(dot)com with your name, blog details and choice of ingredients(you can pick 2 or 3) if you are interested in hosting this event.
A small thought process for the hosts and participants.
1. The ingredients for the event will be chosen by you and can be anything ranging from vegetables to fruits to flours to legumes etc. Basically anything vegetarian.
2. Once the roundup is published, do send me the link to update the hosting calendar.
1. All the ingredients mentioned must be used in one dish. Ingredients not on the list can also be used, but we should be able to taste the mentioned ingredients.
2. Only vegetarian or vegan recipes please. Eggs are allowed in baking.
3. Usage of the logo is appreciated. (Use any one)
4. Recipes must be linked to this event announcement page and to the host’s announcement page if hosted by a guest. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-published with the links.
5. You can send in any number of entries.
Hosts for 2011
|June 2011||Vardhini||CooksJoy||Spinach & Garlic|
|July 2011||Kalyani||What’s Cooking||Mushroom & Onions|
|August 2011||Reva||Kaarasaram||Tomatoes and Chilly|
|September 2011||Priya||Mharo Rajasthan Recipes||Potatoes and Leafy Greens|
|October 2011||Shylaja||South Indian Home||Wheat flour and Jaggery|
|November 2011||Vardhini||Cooks Joy||Soy and Tomatoes|
|December 2011||Anamika||Taste Junction||Cheese & Tomatoes|
Hosts for 2012
|January 2012||Sangee||Spicy Treats||Brinjal & Garlic|
|February 2012||Rajitha||Telugu Foodies||Maize/Corn & Chillies|
|March 2012||Kokila||Foodies Nest||Bread/Burger/Sandwich & Veg|
|April 2012||Saras||Saras Corner||Green Gram, Carrot and Potato|
|May 2012||Pavani||Cooks Hideout||Eggplant & Tomatoes|
|June 2012||Anu||Anu’s Healthy Kitchen||Black Beans & Bell Peppers|
|July 2012||Usha Rao||My Spicy Kitchen||Tofu/Paneer & Bell Peppers|
|August 2012||Anusha||Tomato Blues||Potato & Bell Peppers|
|September 2012||Kavi||Edible Entertainment||Diary/Milk Products & Chocolates|
|October 2012||Priya||Now Serving||Thyme & Chillies|
|November 2012||Vardhini||Cooks Joy||Ginger & Garlic|
|December 2012||Rasya||Vegetarian Food & Me||Corn, Capsicum & Pepper|
Hosts for 2013
|January 2013||Divya||Divya’s Culinary Journey||Potato, Ginger and Garlic|
|February 2013||Sowmya||Nivedhanam||Lentils & Garlic|
|March 2013||Radhika||MyHomeMantra||Squash and Sugar|
|April 2013||Neela||Kitchenista – Welcome||Paneer & Carrot|
|May 2013||Pallavi Purani||Cook-Eat-Burrrp||Beetroot & Cheese|
|June 2013||Vardhini||Cooks Joy||Lentils/Legumes & Vegetables|
|July 2013||Preeti||Preeti’s Kitchen Life|
|August 2013||Krithi||Krithi’s Kitchen||Onion & Chillies|
|October 2013||Sowmya||Nivedhanam||Sugar & Butter|
Current ongoing event - June 2013 – Lentils/Legumes and Vegetables
Hoping to see a lot of participation. Thank you all.