Artichokes are new to me and I was clueless when they landed in my bountiful basket sometime back. After looking through countless sites on how to cook an artichoke I gave it a try and ended with beautiful and tasty artichoke hearts. If you do not want to deal with cooking the artichoke, etc., you can buy the artichoke hearts from the grocery store. They come canned or in the freezer section. The artichoke hearts were tossed with pasta and vegetables for a light dinner. They were creamy and tasty and went well with the pasta. Off to the recipe.
Pasta with spinach and artichoke hearts.
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- garlic - 3 cloves
- artichoke - 1/2 cup (heart portion)
- bell pepper - 1 cup (I used orange bell pepper)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- spinach - 1 cup - packed (fresh)
- pasta - 2 - 3 servings
- parmesan cheese - as needed
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Keep aside.
Heat oil and saute garlic for a few seconds. Add the bell pepper, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
Then add the spinach and when it wilts add the cooked pasta and cheese. Toss and serve.
2 years ago: Freezing tomatoes
3 years ago: Baked Macaroni and Cheese
4 years ago: Strawberry Preserve
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.2. Heat olive oil add add garlic. Saute for a few seconds.3. Add artichoke, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes.4. Add spinach.5. When spinach wilts add the cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.6. Toss together and serve.
Tasty pasta ready.