If you have been trying to include quinoa in your diet, salads are an easy way to start off. You adjust the quantity of quinoa to your liking and a tasty and filling meal is ready in minutes. Salads are pretty versatile and you can add any vegetable or fruit of choice. Quinoa has a nutty flavor and mingles perfectly with the remaining ingredients in this salad.For other quinoa recipes that have been posted, please look up this link. Off to the recipe.
Healthy salad with quinoa, black beans and more.
- corn - 2 cups
- quinoa - 3/4 cup - uncooked
- black beans - 2 cups
- red bell pepper - 1 1/4 cup - diced
- onion - 1/4 cup - chopped
- cilantro - 1/2 cup - packed (chopped)
- carrots - 1/2 cup - cut thinly
- avocado - 1
- For Dressing
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- lemon juice - 4 tbsp (adjust to taste)
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
Steam corn. Cook quinoa and allow to cool a bit.
Mix the ingredients for dressing and toss with the remaining ingredients.
2 years ago: Chinese Vegetable Soup
3 years ago: Marble Cake
1. Steam corn and keep aside.2. Refer to this post and cook quinoa. Allow to cool a bit.3. Mix ingredients for dressing.4. Take all ingredients except avocado in a bowl.5. Toss together with dressing.6. Add avocado and toss gently to combine.
Healthy salad ready.