We use a lot of burritos and home and one of our favorite dip to use for wrap is hummus. There is a ton of variations of the same and today I am using the sun-dried tomatoes that have been sitting in the pantry for a while. More than using hummus as a dip, we tend to use it more for wraps. Tomatoes add a slight tanginess to the hummus and it tasted great. Recipe inspired from here.
Hummus with sun dried tomatoes.
- garbanzo - 1 1/2 cups (cooked - chickpeas)
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- tahini - 2 tbsp (sesame paste)
- lemon juice - 1/4 cup (adjust to taste)
- garlic - 1 - 2 cloves
- salt - to taste
- sun dried tomato - 1/2 cup (I used the dry variety)
Soak the sun dried tomatoes in hot water for a few minutes to soften.
Grind with the rest of the ingredients.
If you are using the sun dried tomatoes in oil, do not soak. Grind with other ingredients.
1 year ago: Spicy Capsicum Fry
2 years ago: Vegetarian Chilli
3 years ago: Snickerdoodles
1. Soak the sun dried tomatoes in hot water for a few minutes to soften.2. Take the tomatoes along with other ingredients in a blender.3. Blend well.
Hummus ready. Serve with chips, burrito, etc.