Wishing everyone a “Happy New Year”. Kickstarting new year with a healthy and filling soup made with potatoes, lentils and kale. If you are not a kale lover or do not like kale on its own, try it in a soup like this. You could even add spinach instead of kale, but add it at the end since spinach just takes a minute or two to cook.We paired the soup with some rustic Italian bread, but you can have just the soup since it is filling with the potatoes and lentils. I like such recipes that do not need babysitting and stirring. The soup can be customized to taste by adding different vegetables and so on. Off to the recipe.
Healthy soup with potato, kale and lentils.
- oil - 2 tsp
- garlic - 3 cloves
- onion - 1 cup - chopped
- carrots - 1/2 cup - diced
- celery - 1/2 cup - sliced
- lentils - 1/2 cup - soaked for an hour
- thyme - few sprigs
- bay leaf - 1
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- water - 6 cups
- cumin powder - 2 1/2 tsp
- potatoes - 2 cups - diced
- kale - 1 cup - chopped
Heat oil and saute garlic for a few seconds; add onion, carrots and celery and saute for a few minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer until the vegetables and lentils are done.
2 years ago: Carrot Cake
3 years ago: Black Bean and Pineapple Salad
1. Heat oil and saute garlic for a few seconds.2. Add onions, carrots and celery. Saute for a few minutes.3. Add the rest of the ingredients.4. Bring to a boil.5. Simmer and cook until the lentils are done and vegetables are tender.
Healthy soup ready.
Linking to DIO-Soups and Salads.