This is a simple rice with corn and bell peppers. One pot meals are always my favorite since it is easy to put together on week nights particularly. This rice was prepared on a whim with the ingredients in the fridge and although I was skeptical about the combo of corn and capsicum, it turned out to be very delicious. Corn added a nice crunchy texture to the rice and we had it with raita. Off to the recipe.
Corn Capsicum Pulao
Tasty rice with corn and bell peppers.
- oil - 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- onion - 1 cup - sliced thinly
- ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- green chilly - 5 - 6 (adjust to taste)
- bell pepper - 2 cups - chopped
- corn - 2 cups (cooked and cut into kernels)
- salt - to taste
- basmati rice - 1.5 cups - uncooked
- water - 3 cups
- cilantro - to garnish
Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Next add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Saute until onions are cooked.
Add all the remaining ingredients except cilantro and cover and cook. When the rice is cooked garnish with cilantro and serve with raita or chips.
I use a pressure cooker (without the weight valve) to cook the basmati rice normally.
1 year ago: Strawberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
2 years ago: Zucchini Broccoli Ricotta Galette
3 years ago: Spinach Lentil Gravy
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.2. Add onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies.3. Saute until onions are cooked.4. Add corn and bell pepper.5. Add rice.6. Add water and salt.7. Cover and cook until rice is done.8. Garnish with cilantro and serve with chips or raita.
Corn rice ready.