The first muffin I made was a banana walnut muffin and that was years ago. Being very new to baking I still remember how proud I was with the result. I had no idea how a muffin would taste, but it rose well and looked good. My friends who tasted it later said that it was good. Inspired by the same muffin I decided to replace banana with strawberries and also added some greek yogurt.
The result was a very moist muffin with strawberry flavor. The good part is that you do not need any mixer to do the job and everything is mixed using a spatula. The whole process takes minutes and with the strawberry season at its peak, there is no excuse to not try these beauties . Off to the recipe.
Moist muffins with strawberries and greek yogurt.
- all purpose flour - 1.5 cups
- whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- baking powder - 1 tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- sugar - 1/2 cup (I used 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp)
- milk - 1 cup (fat free)
- eggs - 1
- oil - 1/3 cup
- greek yogurt - 1/4 cup
- strawberries - 1.5 cups - chopped plus as needed for sprinkling on top
Sift the flours. Mix the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Mix milk, egg, oil, greek yogurt and strawberries in a bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix gently with a spatula.
Pour the batter into a greased muffin pan. Place some strawberry pieces on top for color if needed and bake in a 400F oven for 20 - 25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
1. Do not overfill the muffin cups. Leave some room for the batter to rise.
1 year ago: Zucchini Broccoli Ricotta Galette
2 years ago: Spinach Kootu
1. Sift the flours.2. Add baking powder, salt and sugar to the flours.3. Mix the dry ingredients.4. Take milk, egg, oil and greek yogurt in a bowl.5. Mix the wet ingredients.6. Add strawberries to the wet ingredients.7. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.8. Mix gently with a spatula.9. Grease a muffin pan.10. Fill the muffin pan with batter. Place some strawberries on top if needed. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 20 - 25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.11. Out of the oven.
Pretty muffin .
Linking to Bake Fest #20 hosted by MyHomeMantra.