In an attempt to clear out the pantry, I noticed this box of quinoa that has been sitting there for ages. That whole week I made a variety of dishes using quinoa and realized that if made the right way I can get the others at home to also eat it. Given the health benefits of quinoa I am sure I will be buying more of it when it gets done.These bites are similar to the ones posted here, but some ingredients and the method of cooking is different. I hope you enjoy quinoa as much we did. Off to the recipe.
Healthy bites with quinoa, spinach and more.
- quinoa - 1 cup - rinsed and cooked
- potatoes - 1 cup - cooked and mashed
- spinach - 1 cup - fresh leaves - packed (chopped)
- cilantro - 1/2 cup - packed (chopped)
- carrots - 3/4 cup - shredded or chopped finely
- chilly powder - 1/2 tsp - adjust to taste
- cumin powder - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- flax meal - 2 tbsp (mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- chaat masala - 1 tsp (optional)
Cook quinoa according to this post. Mix with all the ingredients.
Heat an aebleskiver (kuzhi paniyaram) pan. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp oil in each groove. Make small balls of the mixture and place in each groove. Flip over in a minute or two. Remove from pan when both sides are cooked.
Deep frying would most likely not work since there is less binding in the mixture. Baking would work, but I have not tried it. Will update the post when I try.
1 year ago: Onion Lentil Gravy (Sambar)
2 years ago: Pongalam (Lentil Crepes)
1. Cook quinoa according to this post. 2. Mix all ingredients along with quinoa.3. Heat an aebleskiver (kuzhi paniyaram) pan. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp oil in each groove. Make small balls of the mixture and place in each groove.4. Flip over in a minute or two. Remove from pan when both sides are cooked.
Healthy bites ready.
Linking to “New U – 2014”