In an attempt to clear out the pantry, I noticed this box of quinoa that has been sitting there for ages. That whole week I made a variety of dishes using quinoa and realized that if made the right way I can get the others at home to also eat it. Given the health benefits of quinoa I am sure I will be buying more of it when it gets done.These bites are similar to the ones posted here, but some ingredients and the method of cooking is different. I hope you enjoy quinoa as much we did. Off to the recipe.
Healthy Quinoa Bites
Healthy bites with quinoa, spinach and more.
- quinoa - 1 cup - rinsed and cooked
- potatoes - 1 cup - cooked and mashed
- spinach - 1 cup - fresh leaves - packed (chopped)
- cilantro - 1/2 cup - packed (chopped)
- carrots - 3/4 cup - shredded or chopped finely
- chilly powder - 1/2 tsp - adjust to taste
- cumin powder - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- flax meal - 2 tbsp (mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- chaat masala - 1 tsp (optional)
Cook quinoa according to this post. Mix with all the ingredients.
Heat an aebleskiver (kuzhi paniyaram) pan. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp oil in each groove. Make small balls of the mixture and place in each groove. Flip over in a minute or two. Remove from pan when both sides are cooked.
Deep frying would most likely not work since there is less binding in the mixture. Baking would work, but I have not tried it. Will update the post when I try.
1 year ago: Onion Lentil Gravy (Sambar)
2 years ago: Pongalam (Lentil Crepes)
1. Cook quinoa according to this post. 2. Mix all ingredients along with quinoa.3. Heat an aebleskiver (kuzhi paniyaram) pan. Add about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp oil in each groove. Make small balls of the mixture and place in each groove.4. Flip over in a minute or two. Remove from pan when both sides are cooked.
Healthy bites ready.
Linking to “New U – 2014”
11 Responses to Healthy Quinoa Bites
Tried this today and it was too good…. Happy that it’s healthy too..
such an guilt free zero oil snack looks very very delicious and healthy one !!
yummy and crispy bites… healthy way…
Very good. I found a pan like this at the thrift store. It’s great have more ideas to use it.
Flax meal can be substituted with anything else? if i dont add flax meal will it affect the consistency or taste?
I used flax meal for binding. You can use breadcrumbs or eggs too instead.
Thank you.. will try soon
tasty and healthy tikki
Yummy Healthy Snack… Bookmarked
so far i have not tried this , looking too good
lovely tasty tikki