I had this shortcake on my list for quite sometime. It has a few steps to it, but is still pretty simple. Strawberries are in season now and is a perfect time to make these beauties. The crunch from the biscuits, the richness from the cream and the sweetness of the strawberries all work perfectly in this recipe. Assemble these when you are ready to eat as they tend to become soggy. Off to the recipe.
- strawberries - 2 cups - sliced
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- all purpose flour - 2 cups
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- sugar - 1/2 tsp
- butter - 1/2 cup - 1 stick (unsalted COLD butter cut into small pieces and kept refrigerated until ready to use)
- buttermilk - 3/4 cup plus more for brushing
- Whipped Cream
- heavy cream - 1 cup
- powdered sugar - 1 tbsp
- vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
Mix strawberries and sugar and let it sit for a couple of hours. Prepare biscuits following this recipe.
Make whipped cream by beating heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract. Assemble the shortcakes by spreading strawberries and whipped cream on the sliced biscuits.
2 years ago: Broccoli Pasta
3 years ago: Carrot Halwa
1. Add sugar to the strawberries and let it sit for a couple of hours.2. Strawberries ready.3. Prepare biscuits following this recipe.4. Mix heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat well until you get whipped cream. Assemble the shortcakes by spreading strawberries and whipped cream on the sliced biscuits.
Yummy shortcakes ready.