I am always looking out for sourdough recipes because the family is bored of the few usual things I make with sourdough starter. This is an easy peasy banana bread using sourdough starter. The bread uses no oil or butter, but was still very moist. The chocolate chips and strawberry add a nice touch, but can be skipped. Recipe adapted from here.
Sourdough Banana Muffins.
- sourdough starter - 1 cup
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- banana - 1 cup - mashed
- strawberry - 1/2 cup - sliced
- egg - 1
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
Mix sourdough starter and flour and leave to rise for about 12 - 24 hours.
When ready to bake, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle over the dough. Mix wet ingredients separately and gradually stir into the dough.
Pour into muffin cups or a mini-bread pan. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for for 18 to 20 minutes for muffins. Use a tooth pick to check if the bread is done. [For mini-bread I kept it for 22 min].
1. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3rd full.
2. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips for a chocolate touch.
1 year ago: Red Lentil Spinach Gravy
2 years ago: Egg Casserole with Vegetables
3 years ago: Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
4 years ago: Classic White Bread
5 years ago: Simple Okra Fry
1. Bubbling sourdough starter.2. Take sourdough starter in a bowl.3. Add flour and mix well to form a dough. Set aside for 12 - 24 hours.4. After 12 hours the dough has risen nicely.5. Mix salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.6. Mix sugar, banana, strawberries and egg.7. Sprinkle dry ingredients over the dough.8. Gradually add the liquid ingredients and stir to combine.9. Pour into muffin cups or a mini-bread pan. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for for 18 to 20 minutes for muffins. Use a tooth pick to check if the bread is done. [For mini-bread I kept it for 22 min]. 10. Out of the oven.
Sourdough mini-bread ready.