This is a healthy snack with soya beans. I should have posted this during the Navaratri festival, but then things got in the way. Any kind of dried beans can be used and the tamarind and jaggery add a nice sweet and tangy taste to the snack. Soya beans has a nice nutty taste and the snack was enjoyed by all. You can see a variety of snacks similar to this here. Off to the recipe.
1 year ago: Simple Vegetable Pulao
Soya Bean Sundal
Healthy snack with soya beans.
- soya beans - 1 cup - soaked for 8 hours
- oil - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves - few
- onion - 1/4 cup - chopped
- tamarind - 2 tsp - thick paste
- coconut - 2 tsp
- asafoetida - a pinch
- salt - to taste
- jaggery - 1 tsp
- green chilly - 3 - slit lengthwise
- cilantro - to garnish
Soak soya beans for about 8 hours and pressure cook until done.
Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add onion and curry leaves and saute until onions are cooked. Add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro and cook for about 5 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro and serve.
2 years ago: Fried Split Chickpeas (Masala Dal)
3 years ago: Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 years ago: Minestrone Soup
1. Soak the soya beans for about 8 hours.2. Pressure cook the beans until done.3. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add curry leaves, and onion. 4. Saute until onions are done.5. Add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes.6. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Healthy snack ready.