Bisibelabath is a dish where rice is mixed with a spicy lentil gravy (sambar). The dish is usually on the watery side and here I have replaced rice with quinoa. It was a time that I was quinoa crazy and replaced rice in a lot of dishes. Some were a success like this, while a few were not repeated. Quinoa mixes perfectly in the gravy and we did not miss the rice. Off to the recipe.
Quinoa Bisibelabath (Quinoa Lentil Dish)
Quinoa with lentils, vegetables and spices.
- quinoa - 1/2 - 1 cup (as needed)
- toor dal - 1/2 cup
- oil - 2 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- onion - 1/4 cup - chopped
- tomatoes - 1/2 cup - chopped
- carrots - 1
- potatoes - 2 (small)
- beans - 1/2 cup (cut into 1 inch thick pieces)
- bisibelabath masala - 4 - 5 tsp (adjust to taste)
- turmeric - a pinch
- salt - to taste
- tamarind - lime size - soaked and juice extracted
Prepare the sambar following this link. Cook one cup quinoa with 2.5 cups water. Add enough sambar as needed to the cooked quinoa and mix well. Serve with chips or potato curry.
This dish is supposed to be on the watery side.
1 year ago: Quinoa Potato Upma
2 years ago: Poricha Kuzhambu
3 years ago: Healthy Masala Vadai
1. Prepare the sambar following this link.2. Wash a cup of quinoa and cook with 21/2 cups water.3. Cooked quinoa.4. Add enough sambar as needed to the cooked quinoa and mix well. Serve with chips or potato curry.
Tasty dish ready.
One Response to Quinoa Bisibelabath (Quinoa Lentil Dish)
Such a healthy and delicious one!! love quinoa recipes…