Shall we start the week with something sweet? Cookies are certainly a kids delight and my kids are no exception. They are even bigger fans of chewy oatmeal cookies and immediately bookmarked this when I saw it in the cookbook. Oatmeal and nuts add a nice crunch to the cookies and cocoa adds a delicious chocolate taste.Oatmeal and raisin go hand in hand in cookies and it happens here too. Overall this is a nice twist from the regular oatmeal raisin cookies and is a treat for chocolate lovers. Recipe adapted from “Simply Delicious” book. Off to the recipe.
Cookies with cocoa, oatmeal, raisins and more.
- butter - 1/2 cup - softened (1 stick)
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup - packed
- eggs - 1
- cocoa powder - 1/4 cup - unsweetened cocoa
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- orange juice - 2 tbsp
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- oats - 1 1/2 cups - old fashioned oats
- raisins - 1/2 cup
- walnuts - 1/2 cup - chopped
Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and mix well. Add cocoa, vanilla and orange juice; mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
Drop by teaspoonfuls on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350F for about 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are done.
Cool on wire racks.
You could omit the nuts if needed.
1 year ago: Beetroot Poriyal
2 years ago: Bitter Gourd Rice
1. Take butter and sugars in a bowl.2. Beat until creamy.3. Add egg.4. Mix well.5. Add cocoa powder, vanilla and orange juice.6. Mix well.7. Add flour, baking soda, salt, oats, raisins and walnuts.8. Mix until combined.9. Drop by teaspoonfuls on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350F for about 10 - 12 minutes until cookies are done.10. Out of the oven.
Tasty cookies ready.
Sending to Bake Fest #29 hosted by Priya.