The inspiration for this salad is from a lettuce and pear salad that we had at a theme park a few months back and the candied nuts is from the same too. I always associate colored peppers with fajitas, but not anymore. Every ingredient in the salad mingled perfectly well and the candied walnuts were the star. Of course you could use plain walnuts or any other nut of choice.When we were at the theme park, there was only this one place that had vegetarian stuff and we assumed it was going to just take a few minutes to put the salad together. But, to our surprise each salad took around 20 minutes to prepare because that person was matching every ingredient to a sheet. Turned out that he was new and the regular guy was on vacation. At least the salad was very good and we forgot the wait pretty soon. Enjoy the summer with this colorful salad. Off to the recipe.
Healthy salad with spinach and peppers.
- For Salad Dressing
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- For Salad
- bell pepper - 1.5 cups - chopped (I used red, green, yellow and orange peppers)
- spinach - 2 cups - packed (fresh)
- orange - few pieces (I used mandarin oranges)
- walnuts - few pieces (I used candied walnuts)
Prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Toss spinach and peppers with the salad dressing. Top with oranges and walnuts and serve.
2 years ago: Mushroom Pulao
1. Prepare the dressing by mixing olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.2. Take the peppers and spinach and toss with salad dressing.3. Top with oranges and walnuts and serve.
Healthy salad ready.