For the most part I like to keep my side dishes simple and healthy. Carrot on its own sometimes feels bland and lentils always come to my rescue. They jazz up boring dishes so well and is healthy too. You could use toor dal also, but channa dal holds its shape and I preferred that for this curry. Off to the recipe.
Healthy fry with carrots and lentils.
- channa dal - 1/4 cup (kadala paruppu)
- oil - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp (kadugu)
- urad dal - 1 tsp (ulutham paruppu)
- onion - 1/2 cup - chopped
- green chilly - 2 - sliced
- garlic - 3 cloves - sliced
- carrots - 2.5 cups - chopped
- salt - to taste
- cilantro - to garnish (coriander leaves)
Cook channa dal and keep aside.
Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and when the dal turns golden brown add the onion, green chilly and garlic.
When the onion is cooked, add the carrots and salt. When the carrots are cooked, add the cooked channa dal and season with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or roti.
2 years ago: Maida Biscuit
1. Cook the channa dal and keep aside.2. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and saute until the dal turns golden brown.3. Add the onions, green chilly and garlic.4. Saute until the onion is cooked.5. Add the carrots and salt.6. Carrots are cooked.7. Add the cooked channa dal.8. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with rice or rotis.
Healthy poriyal ready.