Day 2 of the blogging marathon with theme “Summer Salads”. Potato salad is versatile and you can load it up with mayo, eggs, etc. or keep it simple. I have never bought mayo and was looking for recipes that do not use it. I stumbled upon this recipe and loved the ingredients used. I adapted it to suit my pantry and added my favorite ingredients like chickpeas. Also, I cooked the potatoes until they are just done and it can be changed according to taste. Recipe adapted largely from here. Off to the recipe.
Healthy Potato SaladPrint Recipe
By June 25, 2012Published:
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Potatoes cooked and tossed with onions, chickpeas, lemon juice and olive oil.
- 2.5 cups potatoes (about 11 small potatoes - chopped into bite size pieces)
- onions (about a handful sliced)
- chickpeas (garbanzo - about a handful and cooked)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Boil the chopped potatoes until they are fork tender. Keep aside.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add sliced onions to this mix.
- Add the onion mix and chickpeas to the cooked potatoes for a healthy salad.
Healthy salad ready. Garnish with spring onions if needed.