Dinner rolls are one of the easiest recipes to begin the baking journey with. The same dough can be used to form different shapes. I always been making this dough in bulk and I freeze the extra rolls. My daughter likes crescent rolls and I set some dough to make those for her too. Pav Bhaji is an Indian street food and these rolls can be used for the same. I call “Pav Bhaji” as “Indian Sloppy Joes” . Off to the recipe. Dough recipe from crescent rolls post.
Pav Bread (Homemade White Indian dinner rolls).
- milk - 1 cup + as needed for brushing
- butter - 3 tbsp - softened
- yeast - 2 tsp
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- salt - 3/4 - 1 tsp
- bread flour - 2 1/2 - 3 cups
Mix the ingredients for dough and knead until you have a soft and elastic dough that is not sticky. Set aside to double in volume.
Divide into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a smooth ball and place on a greased baking sheet and allow to rise again.
Brush tops with milk or egg and bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 25 - 30 min until the tops are golden brown. Cool on wire rack and serve.
1. Make a dough with the ingredients.2. Dough ready. Allow to rise.3. Dough has doubled in size.4. Punch it down and make 12 balls from the dough. Place on a greased pan. Allow to rise.5. The balls have doubled in size. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 25 - 30 min until the tops are brown.6. Out of the oven.
Yummy pav bread ready to be had with butter or jelly or with the Indian Pav Bhaji.
1. Egg white wash or milk wash can be used to get the brown color.
2. You can also put it on a low broil for a couple of minutes after the bread is done to get the color. Be very careful with this as it burns quite quickly.