I have heard good things about a slow cooker, but I never thought I would have the patience to let something cook for hours when the pressure cooker cooks stuff in minutes. But, when the slow cooker came as part of another appliance, I had to try out the slow cooker feature. So far, the crock-pot as it is also called seems pretty impressive . Who would not want to dump everything and forget about the dish while it is cooking? No standing at the stove, stirring, cleaning up any splatter later and so on. Just throw everything into the slow cooker and let it do the work. You might want to play around with the water level and HIGH/LOW settings to find the optimum temperature on your cooker. The garbanzo was cooked to perfection and the taste was awesome. We had it with rotis and I am sure I will be making this often . Off to the recipe.
Easy Channa Masala Recipe using slow cooker.
- garbanzo - 1.5 cups (soaked overnight)
- onion - 1/2 cup - chopped
- ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- tomatoes - 1 cup - chopped
- salt - to taste
- chilly powder - 1/2 tsp (adjust to taste)
- channa masala - 1 tsp (adjus to taste)
- coriander powder - 2 tsp
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- water - 3 - 4 cups
- oil - 2 tsp
- cilantro - to garnish
Take all ingredients except cilantro in the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
After that I cooked on MEDIUM for an hour. Garnish and serve with rice or roti.
If you find the dish to be watery, remove some of the cooked beans and puree and add to the slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 30 min or so. I did not do it though.
1 year ago: Grapefruit Lemonade
2 years ago: Chocolate Cake (Eggless)
3 years ago: Masala Thepla (Flat-bread)
4 years ago: Tomato Pickle
1. Take all ingredients except cilantro in the slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.2. It looked done, but I kept it for another hour on MEDIUM.3. All done :). You can do the tadka or have it as is with rotis or rice.
Tasty channa masala ready.