This is for the chocolate lovers out there and also for people looking for a quick and no fuss dessert. The mixing needs just one bowl and that means less time cleaning and more time eating . Mostly when it comes to cakes I plan in advance, but this one is an exception. We were relaxing one evening when the baking bug bit me. I did not want anything that involved too many steps and I wanted to get back to my relaxing mode quick; this one hit the nail. K suggested to sprinkle sugar or drizzle syrup and the winner was syrup. It made the cake more moist that it tasted like fudge. I will be making this again soon. Off to the recipe.
Chocolate Cake (Eggless)
Easy chocolate cake.
- all purpose flour - 1.5 cups
- sugar - 1 cup
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
- oil - 6 tbsp
- vinegar - 1 tbsp
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- water - 1 cup (cold water)
- powdered sugar - optional
- chocolate syrup - optional
Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder. Add oil, vinegar and vanilla and mix; add water and form a batter.
Grease an eight inch square pan and pour the batter into it; bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 - 35 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle chocolate syrup and serve.
2 years ago: Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread
1. Take all purpose flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder in a bowl.2. Mix well.3. Add oil, vinegar and vanilla. Mix.4. Add water.5. Mix to form a batter.6. Grease an eight inch square pan and pour the batter into it. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 to 35 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.7. Out of the oven. Allow to cool and slice. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle chocolate syrup, etc. if needed.
Easy and tasty cake ready.
Linking to BakeFest #26 hosted by Lail.
4 Responses to Chocolate Cake (Eggless)
wow…chocolate cake looks absolutely delicious..first pic is so good and really tempting :p
it looks yummy!
very tempting cake..
oh I am drooling here!!! looks so tempting!!