Regular banana bread gets a boost with avocado in this recipe. I have read about using avocado as a fat replacement in baked goodies and even tried it once, only to be completely thrown away by the result. So for this recipe, I kept the fat and also added avocado and the bread tasted delicious. You can also freeze the extras and pop them in the microwave for a quick breakfast or snack. Chocolate chips attracted the kids who had no idea that the bread had avocado. Overall an interesting bread that we enjoyed. Off to the recipe.
Tasty bread with avocado and bananas.
- oil - 1/4 cup
- milk - 1/2 cup (I used fat free)
- avocado - 1 - mashed (about 1/3 cup)
- banana - 2 cups - mashed
- eggs - 1
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- chocolate chips - 1/4 cup (mini ones)
- salt - 1/2 tsp
Mix wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients and mix gently. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350F. Bake until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
For 9 x 5 loaf, bake for about 45 minutes.
For the tiny loaves I baked for about 20 - 25 minutes.
2 years ago: Zucchini Stir Fry
3 years ago: Healthy Mutter Paneer
1. Take wet ingredients in a bowl.2. Mix until combined.3. Add the dry ingredients.4. Gently mix until combined.5. Pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or mini loaf pan. Bake at 350F for about 45 min for a 9 x 5 loaf pan. For mini loaves adjust the time accordingly. (I used a mini loaf pan that makes 8 tiny loaves. I baked it for 20 - 25 minutes.)6. Out of the oven.
Tasty bread ready.
Linking to Bake Fest #33 happening here.