I love soups. They are so easy to put together and is also filling with the addition of beans, pasta and so on. A while ago while shopping in the big cities we happened to try the black bean soup at Panera. I liked its simplicity and humble flavor and created my version of black bean soup inspired by this. Recently I made this for a birthday party and the guests loved it. It has no fancy ingredients and the flavoring is mainly from cumin. Off to the recipe.
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- garlic - 6 cloves - minced
- onion - 1/4 cup - chopped
- bell pepper - 3/4 - 1 cup - diced
- black beans - 3 cups - cooked
- salt - to taste
- cumin powder - 2 - 3 tsp
- vegetable broth - 3 cups (water can also be used instead)
- water - 1/2 - 1 cup (as needed)
- chilly powder - to taste (optional)
Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds.
Add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes. Next add the bell pepper and saute until the vegetables are cooked. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 20 - 30 minutes until the soup comes together.
2 years ago: Baingan Bharta
3 years ago: Purple Cabbage Stir Fry
1. Heat oil. Add cumin seeds and saute for a few seconds. Add onion and garlic. Saute for about 3 minutes.2. Add the bell peppers. 3. When the vegetables are cooked add the rest of the ingredients.4. Simmer for about 20 min until the soup comes together.
Tasty soup ready.