I love soups. They are so easy to put together and is also filling with the addition of beans, pasta and so on. A while ago while shopping in the big cities we happened to try the black bean soup at Panera. I liked its simplicity and humble flavor and created my version of black bean soup inspired by this. Recently I made this for a birthday party and the guests loved it. It has no fancy ingredients and the flavoring is mainly from cumin. Off to the recipe.
1 year ago: Peas Paneer Pulao
Black Beans Soup
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- garlic - 6 cloves - minced
- onion - 1/4 cup - chopped
- bell pepper - 3/4 - 1 cup - diced
- black beans - 3 cups - cooked
- salt - to taste
- cumin powder - 2 - 3 tsp
- vegetable broth - 3 cups (water can also be used instead)
- water - 1/2 - 1 cup (as needed)
- chilly powder - to taste (optional)
Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds.
Add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes. Next add the bell pepper and saute until the vegetables are cooked. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 20 - 30 minutes until the soup comes together.
2 years ago: Baingan Bharta
3 years ago: Purple Cabbage Stir Fry
1. Heat oil. Add cumin seeds and saute for a few seconds. Add onion and garlic. Saute for about 3 minutes.2. Add the bell peppers. 3. When the vegetables are cooked add the rest of the ingredients.4. Simmer for about 20 min until the soup comes together.
Tasty soup ready.
One Response to Black Beans Soup
Nutritious soup, love to finish that bowl anytime.