The easiest one pot meal has to be peas pulao and is also one of the few dishes I learnt to make in the initial days of cooking. It is very mildly spiced and is perfect for my picky eater who cannot stand even a bit of spice. I have also used frozen peas making it even more simpler. Since paneer pairs well with peas, I decided to add a few cubes. You can omit paneer if needed.
During my recent trips to India, I saw a lot of stores carry frozen vegetables. It was quite surprising since I was used to seeing fresh peas in the pod while growing up. My grandma used to buy a ton of those and we used to help remove the peas from their pods. On the other hand, I have never seen fresh peas where I live. Everything seems to be fast-paced these days and in some aspects having these frozen vegetables is a boon. Off to the easy recipe.
Peas Paneer Pulao
Easy rice with paneer and peas.
- oil - 2 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp (jeeragam)
- onion - 3/4 cup - chopped
- green chilly - 5 - slit vertically
- peas - 1 3/4 cup - I used frozen peas
- basmati rice - 1.5 cups
- salt - to taste
- cilantro - 1/2 cup - chopped (coriander leaves)
- paneer - 2 cups - diced
Heat oil and saute cumin seeds for a few seconds. Add onion and chillies and saute until the onions are cooked.
Next add the peas, rice, salt and water. I use 1:2 ratio for rice:water for basmati rice. Cover and cook on a medium flame until the rice is cooked. Meanwhile slightly roast the paneer in a little oil. Cut the paneer into cubes and keep aside.
When the rice is cooked add the paneer and cilantro. Mix and serve with raita or chips.
1. I find it easier to roast the slab of paneer rather than individual cubes. You can also cut into cubes and then roast the paneer.
1 year ago: Mango Lassi
2 years ago: Mini Idlis and Sambar
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Saute for a few seconds.2. Add onions and chillies.3. Saute until the onions are cooked.4. Add peas.5. Add rice.6. Add water and salt. I use 1:2 ratio for rice:water for basmati rice. Cover the vessel and cook on a medium flame until the rice is cooked.7. Meanwhile slightly roast the paneer in a little oil.8. Paneer is roasted. Cut into small cubes.9. Rice cooked.10. Add the paneer and cilantro.11. Mix and serve with chips or raita.
Easy rice ready.
6 Responses to Peas Paneer Pulao
Simply love it
Love this simple but yet a satisfying pulao, anything with paneer is my favourite.
Simple yet delicious one pot meal, liked the addition of paneer…PP puloa looks inviting!
Btw Wats that pink color item on the bg?! Raita?!
Yes raita .
Your idea of shallow frying of paneer blck is very clever!
Very quick & easy one pot meal..