I am here with the dish my son loves a lot. There is something about this purple cabbage that attracts him so much and I think it has a lot to do with color. This paired with rasam is an ultimate comfort food for him and is often on the menu. I just change the variety of rasam and keep the cabbage curry simple.
Purple cabbage contains 36 different types of antioxidants, including the health-giving anthocyanins. There is evidence to suggest that purple cabbage helps build a healthy brain and a healthy heart and acts as a fat burner.
Simple purple cabbage fry.
- oil - 1/2 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp (kadugu)
- urad dal - 1/2 tsp (ulutham paruppu)
- channa dal - 1/2 tsp (kadala paruppu)
- green chilly - 1 - 2, slit lengthwise
- cabbage - 1/2 head (purple cabbage)
- salt - to taste
Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add the dals and green chilly. When the dals turn golden brown, add the cabbage and salt.
Cover and cook until the cabbage is done.
1. Green cabbage can also be used.
1. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add the dals and green chilly. When the dals turn golden brown, add the cabbage and salt. Cover and cook until the cabbage is done.
Tasty cabbage poriyal ready.