Have you ever been in a situation where you plan to cook something and at the nick of time find out you are missing an important ingredient? Well, it happened to me AGAIN . This time it was feta cheese and my dreams of greek salad almost went down the drain. I have tasted greek salad in restaurants and this is the first time I am trying it at home.
I went ahead with the salad because the vegetables were colorful and inviting. Does this explain the bare sprinkling of feta cheese on top of the salad? Feta adds creaminess to the salad and the more the merrier. The tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers are all fresh from the garden and that made this salad even more exciting for me. This is a very simple salad and off it goes to my 30 minute meals. Off to the recipe.
Healthy greek salad.
- For dressing
- vinegar - 1 tsp (I used white vinegar)
- olive oil - 3 tsp
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- For Salad
- tomatoes - 4 small (cut into wedges - about 1 cup roughly)
- bell pepper - 1/2 cup - cut into strips
- onion - 1/2 cup - cut into thin slices
- cucumber - 1/2 cup - cut into strips
- feta cheese - as needed
- olives - as needed for garnish
Mix the dressing ingredients together. Take the vegetables in a bowl and pour the dressing over it.
Toss and garnish with olives and feta cheese.
2 years ago: Peas Masala Sundal
1. Take tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and cucumber in a bowl.2. Mix vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.3. Pour the dressing over the salad.4. Toss and garnish with olives and feta cheese.
Tasty salad ready.
Linking to 30 minute meals.