As much as this is going to surprise a bunch of people, chaats are new to me. Pani puri was the first chaat I made and then forgot about it for a couple of years. It was as if the chaat bug bit me a few months ago and I had a chaat weekend because once the chutneys were done, putting the chaats together was a breeze. To get to know more chaat varieties and also to help out with snack ideas for the kids, I decided to have this event. So, for this event please link up any dish that you consider to be a chaat / street-food. Chutneys are also allowed.
The event (CJ #5) runs from 12th Aug – 15th Sep 2013 and the rules are as follows.
1. Send in any recipe that falls under the chaat / street-food category. Chutneys are also allowed. (Any cuisine is allowed).
2. Only vegetarian or vegan recipes please. Eggs are allowed in baking only.
3. Usage of the logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
4. Recipes must be linked to this event announcement page. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-published with the links.
5. Non bloggers can also send in their recipes to the email below.
Giveaway Details for Bloggers and Non-Bloggers
1. To be counted for the giveaway you must ”Like” Cooks Joy facebook page. Please mention in the comment if you are already a fan or a new fan. Please mention your email id in the comment, so I can reach you if you are the winner.
2. Every item linked is automatically entered in the giveaway (you must be a fan of the facebook page).
3. I will pick one random entry from the entries and the comments received and will announce when the event ends.
4. The winner must be able to provide an US address or Indian address. For US address, I will ship a LocknLock Vaccum Mug (pictured) to the winner. For Indian address, a flipkart voucher worth Rs.500 will be sent. Flipkart.com is a shopping site that will deliver only in India.
Note: Just “Liking” the facebook page will enter you in the giveaway. You are welcome to participate in the event for additional entries.
Please link your entries using the linky tool attached to this post by 15th Sep 2013. If you have trouble linking, do let me know and I will add it for you.
Non bloggers – Email me your entry and I will post it in my member recipes blog and link it up here. My email id is vardhini(at)cooksjoy(dot)com.
I am looking forward to see all the wonderful creations by my blogger and non blogger friends.
14 Responses to Chaat and Chutneys: Event Announcement (CJ #5) + Giveaway
Hi I am a new fab=n on FB – Shazia Wahid
I have linked in 4 entries – Chole, Dahi Pakora Chaat, Dahi Vada and Fruit Chaat
Ongoing giveaway – http://cutchikitchen.com/Home.html
have added tomato masala chaat and kurkure chaat other than papdi chat.. have a look..
Already a huge fan !!
Linked one more entry
Liked Your FB page and linked my entry Dates &Tamarind Chutney.
Finally linked my first recipe here already your FB fan
I had already liked your face book page.
My Fb Id is – Shobha Keshwani
Linked one recipe today.. will be linking more.. Happy Hosting !
Have linked my post.. Very nice event
Lovely event,Have liked your page Vardhini:)Also linked my entries
Hey great event…will try to participate…
Liked your facebook page too..
nice and chat pata…event Vardhini…i hv to look back if I got something!!
New Post at Anu’s – Mini Dark Chocolate Cups with Dry Fruits and Nuts
South Indian Cooking
Anu’s Healthy Kitchen – “HOW TO’s ? of Kitchen” EVENT and SHARE PAGE and a RECIPE (Paneer Celery Burji)
Already liked u r page.
Happy hosting Vardhini, will link some soon.
pls delete the previous comment,i am already a fan