Rice is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of making something quick. Even though there are other much simpler dishes like upma and so on, I am always biased towards rice be it variety rice or a simple rasam rice. Potato rice and capsicum rice are regulars at my house, but combining them was one of the best things that happened. Another simple rice with the aroma of fresh ginger and garlic and if you love rice, you got to try this. Do not skip the cilantro, it adds a lot of flavor. Off to the recipe.
Fragrant rice with potatoes, capsicum, ginger, garlic and more.
- To Grind
- garlic - 5 cloves
- ginger - small piece
- green chilly - 2
- tomatoes - 1 small roma tomato (about 1/2 cup)
- For Rice
- oil - 2 tsp
- cinnamon - small piece
- cloves - 2
- onion - 1/2 cup - chopped
- potatoes - 1 cup diced
- bell pepper - 2 cups - diced (bell pepper)
- basmati rice - 1.5 cups
- garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- turmeric - a pinch
- chilly powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- salt - to taste
- cilantro - 1 cup - packed (coriander leaves)
Puree the ingredients mentioned in "To Grind" and keep aside.
Heat oil and add cloves, cinnamon, onion and the paste. Saute until onions are cooked. Next add potatoes, bell pepper, rice, garam masala, turmeric, chilly powder and salt.
Close the vessel, simmer and allow the rice to cook. When the rice is done, add cilantro and mix well. Serve with raita or chips.
2 years ago: Kunuku
1. Take tomato, ginger, garlic and chillies in a blender.2. Blend well to a puree. Keep aside.3. Heat oil and add cloves and cinnamon.4. Add onions.5. Add the puree.6. Saute until the onions are cooked.7. Add potatoes and bell pepper.8. Add rice.9. Add water, turmeric and garam masala.10. Add chilly powder and salt. Close the vessel, simmer and allow the rice to cook. (I use a pressure pan)11. Rice is cooked.12. Add cilantro.13. Mix and serve with raita or chips.
Tasty rice ready.