Bajji is basically a deep fried Indian snack. Vegetables like onion, potato, etc. are coated with a batter made with gram flour and then deep fried. I rarely make bajji and I can count the number of times I have made it in the past 10 years due to amount of oil it takes. But, it is a snack loved by most people and I had to make it for the blog. Instead of using the regular vegetable, I decided to go with zucchini for a change. Nobody complained and the bajjis disappeared in a matter of minutes. Off to the easy recipe.
Zucchini BajjiPrint Recipe
By July 18, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 30 mins
Zucchini slices coated with gram flour batter and deep fried.
- 1/2 cup besan (kadala maavu)
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ghee
- pinch of asafoetida
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- oil for deep frying
- Take besan, all purpose flour, rice flour, salt and chilly powder in a bowl and mix.
- Add ghee, asafoetida and baking soda. Using water make a batter that is not too thick nor runny. (Batter should be able to stay on the zucchini slices when dipped.)
- Slice zucchinis. Heat oil for deep frying. Coat each zucchini with batter and deep fry the pieces until they turn golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.
- Use any vegetable like onion, potato, raw plantain, chilly, etc.
- If making chilli bajji and the chilly is a hot variety, you can coat the chilli and half cook them. Then you can dip it in batter again and cook.
Yummy bajjis ready.
VFAM – Zucchini started by Priya
9 Responses to Zucchini Bajji (Zucchini Fritters)
Pakora looks divine as its name. Delicious!!Great post.
Looks delicious and inviting. Love the clicks.
Divya’s Culinary Journey
Showcase- FUN IN THE SUN
Bake along challenge # 4 – Peanut Butter
Love lock series- Breads
Looks very delicious and tempting. Just what we need for the thundershowers filled weekend (as per weather predictions at least) coming up:-). Thanks
Nice idea…shall try )
wow awesome dear…very impressive clicks….
“SYF&HWS – Cook With SPICES” Series
“South Indian Cooking” (SIC) # 1 (July 15th to Sep 15th)
“Cooking with Whole Foods” – BROWN RICE (June 10th to Aug 10th)
Crispy and irresistible…yummy !!
Inviting and super crispy bajjis,wish to munch some.
Yummy pakoras …so tempting.