Day 1 of the blogging marathon with theme “Summer Salads”. Salads are mostly healthy and easy to make and I had always wanted to combine brussels sprouts with paneer. You can totally omit the paneer or just add crumbled fresh paneer to simplify the process. I had my friend’s daughter over and knowing that she loved the grilled paneer, I decided to grill the paneer and add to the salad.
To be honest, the kids ate just the paneer and K and I enjoyed the salad with dinner. Off to the recipe. Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#17.
Brussels Sprouts - Paneer SaladPrint Recipe
By June 24, 2012Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 45 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 25 mins
Salad with brussels sprouts and baked paneer pieces.
- Paneer (as needed - marinated and baked)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (see notes)
- 3/4 tsp chilly powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- pinch of turmeric
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cups brussels sprouts (sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- dry cranberries (as needed)
- Dry roast the pine nuts and keep aside.
- Mix yogurt, chilly powder, salt, turmeric, chaat masala and lemon juice. Apply this paste over the paneer pieces and let it sit for 30 minutes. Pictorial can be found here.
- Bake the marinated paneer in a 400F preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove and cut into tiny pieces.
- Heat oil and add garlic. Next add the brussels sprouts and cook for around 5 - 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Toss together brussels sprouts, paneer, pine nuts and dry cranberries for a tasty salad.
- If you do not have greek yogurt you can add 1 cup fat free yogurt to muslin cloth and placed over a strainer. Let it stand over a bowl in the fridge overnight. Refer to this post.
- You can omit the paneer altogether.
- The cooking time for brussels sprouts varies according to preference. You can cook it more or less, but let it retain its shape and not be over cooked.
- Use raisins instead of cranberries if needed.
Mix yogurt, chilly powder, salt, chaat masala, turmeric and lemon juice. Coat the paneer pieces with this mix and let it sit for 30 minutes. The pictorial can be found here.