Day 3 of the blogging marathon with theme “Summer Salads”. For today we have a simple Indian salad that is very easy to make. I did not cook the lentils, but you could microwave it for a couple of minutes if you do not like the raw taste of lentils. It was a light evening snack and a healthy one too. A nice variation would be to add shredded carrots. Off to the recipe.
Cucumber-Lentil Salad (Kosumalli)Print Recipe
By June 26, 2012Published:
- Yield: 3 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 2 mins
- Ready In: 12 mins
Salad with cucumber and lentils tempered with Indian spices.
- 1 tbsp moong dal (payatham paruppu)
- 1.5 cups cucumber (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (ulutham paruppu)
- 1 green chilly (small)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak moong dal in water for 30 minutes.
- Chop cucumber and keep aside.
- Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and green chillies. When the dal turns golden brown, add to the cucumber and mix.
- Add salt, soaked moong dal and lemon juice to the cucumber. Toss it all together.
Easy and healthy salad ready.