Pulao is basically a rice dish and there a lot of variations. Since there was a bunch of spring onion lying around, I decided to make rice with the same. Usually I add spring onion to Chinese style rice, but tried this for the first time.
1 year ago: Ciabatta
Spring Onion Pulao
Pulao with spring onion, carrots and more.
- oil - 2 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- spring onion - 2 cups - sliced
- carrots - 1/4 cup - thinly sliced
- green chilly - 3 - slit in the middle
- garlic - 6 cloves - sliced thinly
- peas - 1/2 cup (frozen)
- salt - to taste
- pepper powder - to taste
- basmati rice - 1 1/2 cups - cooked and cooled
Cook the rice and allow to cool. Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Add the rest of the ingredients except rice.
Saute until the vegetables are cooked. Add this to the cooked rice and mix well. Serve with raita or papad.
2 years ago: Whole Masoor Dal
3 years ago: Hash Browns
4 years ago: Orange Lemon Soda
5 years ago: Light Apple Pie
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Add spring onion, carrot, chilly and garlic.2. Add peas, salt and pepper.3. Saute until vegetables are cooked.4. Add the vegetables to the cooked and cooled rice.5. Mix and serve with raita or papad.
Tasty rice ready.