This muffin is one of the first few recipes that I started my baking journey with. I was so impressed with myself when the muffins were done . It is a very simple recipe with basic ingredients. If you have overripe bananas, they are perfect candidates for this muffin.Walnuts add a nice crunch to the muffin, but are totally optional. You can also add sliced strawberries to the batter. There is a ton of variations that you can make to this basic muffin recipe. These are good for breakfast or for a quick snack. Double up the recipe and freeze the extras for later. Off to the recipe.
Muffins with bananas and walnuts.
- milk - 1 cup
- banana - 3/4 cup - mashed (about 2 bananas)
- eggs - 1 - beaten
- walnuts - 1/2 cup - chopped
- oil - 1/3 cup
- all purpose flour - 11/2 cups
- whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- sugar - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tbsp
Mix milk, banana, eggs, walnuts and oil. Combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until combined. Do not over mix. Pour in muffin cups and bake in a preheated 400F oven for about 15 min until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
2 years ago: Snow Peas Cashew Curry
3 years ago: Carrot Halwa
1. Mix wet ingredients and walnuts together.2. Combine dry ingredients.3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.4. Mix with spatula until combined.5. Fill up muffin cups with mixture.6. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for about 15 minutes until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tasty muffins ready.
Linking to Bake Fest #42 hosted by Mayuri.