I had this curry at my friend Shai’s place years ago. She made it with green beans and it was delicious. I got the recipe from her and wanted to try it with cluster beans or cabbage, but then ended up using snow peas. The only thing to remember is that the dish is slightly on the sweeter side and snow peas makes it a tad sweeter. Replace snow peas with green beans or cabbage if needed. Off to the recipe.
Tasty and rich curry with snow peas and cashew.
- cashews - 2 tbsp - soaked in milk for an hour
- oil - 1 tbsp
- onion - 1/2 cup - chopped
- ginger - 3/4 tsp - chopped finely
- snow peas - 2.5 cups - thinly sliced
- salt - to taste
- coriander powder - 2 tsp (dhaniya podi)
- chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- sugar - 1/4 tsp - optional
- milk - 3 tbsp - I used fat free milk
Soak cashews in a little milk for an hour. Blend well to a paste and keep aside.
Heat oil and saute onions. Add ginger, snow peas, salt and saute for about 15 minutes until the snow peas are cooked. Add coriander powder and chilly powder and saute for 5 minutes.
Add the cashew paste and saute for 5 minutes. Finally add the garam masala, sugar and milk and saute for 5 minutes.
Turn the stove off and serve with rice or roti.
1. Use green beans or cabbage instead of snow peas.
1 year ago: Soya Granules Bell Pepper Sandwich
1. Soak cashews in a little milk for an hour.2. Take in a blender and blend well.3. Cashew paste ready.4. Heat oil and add onions.5. Saute until onions are cooked.6. Add ginger.7. Add snow peas.8. Add salt.9. Cook for about 15 minutes.10. Add coriander powder and chilly powder.11. Saute for about 5 minutes.12. Add the cashew paste.13. Saute for 5 minutes.14. Add garam masala.15. Add sugar.16. Add milk.17. Saute for 5 minutes and turn the stove off. Serve with rice or roti.
Tasty curry ready.