I like to try new grains and picked up a bag of farro sometime back. Farro has a nutty flavor and a high fiber and protein content. It is also rich in magnesium and B vitamins. You can eat farro on its own or in salads and soups. This soup is a meal by itself and here I have served it in homemade bread bowls. The flavors mingled well and the soup was very tasty. Off to the recipe.
Healthy soup with farro and vegetables.
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- garlic - 4 cloves - minced
- onion - 3/4 cup - chopped
- tomatoes - 1/2 cup - diced
- carrots - 3/4 cup - diced
- potatoes - 1/2 cup - diced
- broccoli - 1 cup - cut into florets
- farro - 1/2 cup
- water - 1 cup (adjust to needed consistency)
- vegetable broth - 2 1/2 cups
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- spinach - 1 cup - packed (chopped)
Heat oil and saute onions and garlic. When onions are cooked, add the rest of the ingredients except spinach.
Bring to a boil and simmer until farro is cooked. Add spinach and cook for a couple of minutes. Turn off the stove and serve with bread or as is.
2 years ago: Homemade Play Dough (Play Doh)
3 years ago: Soya Granules Bell Pepper Sandwich
1. Heat oil and add garlic and onions.2. Onions are cooked.3. Add tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, broccoli and farro.4. Add water, broth, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer until farro is cooked.5. Farro is cooked. It took around 20 minutes for me.6. Add the spinach. Cook for a couple of minutes.7. Soup ready.
Healthy soup ready.