This is a simple recipe using yellow squash and peanuts. My friend grows squash in her garden and nothing can beat freshly picked vegetable. I normally would not buy yellow squash at the store, but just love it when it is fresh. Any squash can be used and peanuts can be substituted with garbanzo. This is a dry curry and goes well with rice or roti. Off to the recipe.
Squash Peanut Fry
Tasty fry with squash and peanuts.
- oil - 2 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- onion - 1/2 cup - chopped
- ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- tomatoes - 3/4 cup - chopped
- yellow squash - 3 cups - diced
- salt - to taste
- sambar powder - 1 tsp (adjust to taste - chilly powder can also be used instead)
- turmeric - pinch
- peanuts - 1/4 cup (raw peanuts)
Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Add onion and ginger paste; saute until onions are cooked. Add the rest of the ingredients and allow to cook.
When squash is cooked, turn off the stove and serve with rice or roti.
Squash cooks pretty fast and could get mushy soon. Keep an eye.
1 year ago: Pickled Jalapenos
2 years ago: Hummus Wrap
3 years ago: Kadai Paneer
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.2. Add onions and ginger paste; saute until onions are cooked.3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer until the squash is done. 4. Turn off the stove and serve with rice or roti.
Yummy side dish ready.