Here I am after a fun filled vacation, trying really hard to get back to routine. Quinoa has a lot of health benefits and is rich in protein. I have been trying to incorporate more of it in our diet and this fried rice with leftover quinoa is easy and also very tasty. It is just a modified version of the fried rice posted here. Here the quinoa is flavored with soy sauce and chilli sauce and is loaded with tons of veggies. It is best to not overcook the vegetables for this dish. Off to the recipe.
Quinoa Fried Rice
Tasty and healthy dish with quinoa and vegetables.
- oil - 2 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- carrots - 1/2 cup - chopped finely
- beans - 1/2 cup - sliced thinly
- babycorn - 1 cup - sliced thinly
- soy sauce - 3 - 4 tsp (adjust to taste)
- chilli sauce - 1 - 2 tsp (I used green chilli sauce - adjust to taste)
- pepper powder - optional - as needed
- salt - if needed (soy sauce has salt)
- cilantro - to garnish (use spring onion instead)
- quinoa - 21/2 cups (cooked - I used leftovers)
Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Add the rest of the ingredients except quinoa and allow to cook.
When the vegetables are cooked, add the cooked quinoa and mix well.
You can cook the vegetables well or keep them crunchy.
1 year ago: Cucumber Pineapple Salad
2 years ago: Healthy Mushroom Soup
3 years ago: Black Bean Burrito
1. Heat oil and add cumin seeds.2. Add the rest of the ingredients except quinoa and allow to cook for a few minutes. 3. Vegetables are cooked, but still crunchy.4. Add the cooked quinoa and mix well.
Tasty quinoa ready.