I have seen rice krispie treats in tournaments and in stores, but was never inclined towards making them. For some reason I thought they were complicated and you can imagine the horror when my friend explained the process . Even with the bags of cereal, I never once felt the need to look up the recipe on the box. Blame it on the fact that sugary treats are not my cup of tea.But when it comes to blogging, I make stuff irrespective of whether I like it or not, as long as there is someone to eat it . As with any new thing I cook, I was making this treat also with some nervousness. It hardly took minutes and once it was done I could not believe that this treat was THIS simple. I kept staring still unable to believe that it took only minutes to make and was also brooding over the complexity of Indian desserts . Overall a quick and easy snack that is loved by most kids and adults. Off to the recipe. Recipe from the cereal box.
Rice Krispies Treats with Peanut Butter
Rice krispie treats.
- butter - 1.5 tbsp
- marshmallows - 2 cups (miniature marshmallows)
- peanut butter - 1/4 cup
- rice krispies cereal - 3 cups
- candy - as needed (I used mini M&M's and sprinkles) - optional
Grease a 9 x 9 pan and spread some candy over it.
Melt butter and add marshmallows; stir until melted. Add peanut butter and mix. Next add the cereal and mix immediately.
Pour into the greased pan and spread. Let it set for about 15 - 20 minutes. Slice and serve.
1. If using regular size marshmallows, use about 20.
2. Peanut butter can be skipped.
1 year ago: Kara Boondi
2 years ago: Oma Podi
3 years ago: Bisibelabath
1. Grease a 9 x 9 pan and spread some candy over it. Melt butter in a vessel.2. Add marshmallows. Stir until melted.3. Add peanut butter.4. Stir to combine.5. Add the cereal.6. Mix immediately.7. Dump the cereal into the greased pan and flatten. Let it set for about 15 - 20 minutes.8. Cut and serve.
Colorful treats ready.
3 Responses to Rice Krispies Treats with Peanut Butter
Vardhini, fyi in case you didn’t know it prior, marshmallows have gelatin in them; gelatin in the U.S. is typically not vegetarian.
Thanks for the info.
I want some, soo tempting krispies.