Only in the past few years I have been buying avocados. For starters, avocado is pretty bland, but it is healthy and blends well in a lot of dishes. It is soft and feels like butter. Of late the avocado bug has bitten K and I have made this crunchy avocado salad countless times in the past few days. For a change I decided to whip up something different and ended up with this smoothie. Avocado blended perfectly with the bananas and added a lot of creaminess to the smoothie. If not for the color the kids would not have guessed that there was something other than bananas. It feels like summer already and these smoothies seem to be perfect. Off to the recipe.
Milkshake with avocado and bananas.
- avocado - 1 (pitted and flesh removed)
- banana - 2
- sugar - as needed (3 tsp)
- milk - 2.5 cups (reduced fat)
- vanilla ice cream - 3 small scoops
- vanilla extract - 1/4 tsp
- ice cubes - few
Remove the pit and scoop the flesh from avocado. Blend all ingredients and serve chilled.
2 years ago: Black Bean Burrito and Avocado Salad
1. Remove the pit and scoop the flesh from avocado. Take all ingredients in a blender.2. Blend well. Serve chilled.
Tasty smoothie ready.