Knowing how rich brownies are I kept postponing them for quite some time. Then, there was this perfect occasion where we had to make brownies for my daughter’s preschool party. So, these were made for the party and needless to say K was not happy that I was sending all the brownies away . I did tell him that I will make it again, but that did not happen yet.
I followed the recipe with slight modifications like I used less instant coffee and omitted walnuts. Also, note that the unsweetened chocolate tends to make the brownies a tad bitter. Overall it was a fun experience making the brownies and it makes a wonderful dessert. Off to the recipe adapted slightly from browneyedbaker.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1/2 pound)
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Double boiler – For this, I use two vessels. The one at the bottom has water and I put the ingredients to melt in the top vessel. Bring the water to a boil and simmer. Stir until the ingredients in the top vessel melt.
- The brownies have to be completely cooled before cutting.
Inviting brownies ready.
Sending to Bake Fest #8 hosted by Reshmi.
13 Responses to Brownies
thanks for such a wonderful recipe .can you pz give measurements in gms along with cup measurements just for baking recipes alone. i feel it is more precise that way.thankyou
perfect looking brownies…yumm
totally delectable; never mind the rich sinful calories tucked in !
Delicious!! I have a weakness for brownies.
Looks absolutely delicious…i am planning to make brownies for our anniversary day n u have shared it now…thanks i can follow your pics now to make mine
wow…loved the brownies….great clicks with well explained steps !!!!loved it !!!!!!
Beautiful pics. Love the step by step explanation.
They looks absolutely divine..
Rich and delicious brownies!!
Wow.. you are tempting me… lovely crust you have in there…
you have no idea how much i love brownies and now you have gotten the itch into me
Perfectly baked brownies.. nice pictorial.