Knowing how rich brownies are I kept postponing them for quite some time. Then, there was this perfect occasion where we had to make brownies for my daughter’s preschool party. So, these were made for the party and needless to say K was not happy that I was sending all the brownies away . I did tell him that I will make it again, but that did not happen yet.
I followed the recipe with slight modifications like I used less instant coffee and omitted walnuts. Also, note that the unsweetened chocolate tends to make the brownies a tad bitter. Overall it was a fun experience making the brownies and it makes a wonderful dessert. Off to the recipe adapted slightly from browneyedbaker.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (1/2 pound)
- 1 1/3 cups plus 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour, divided
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Double boiler – For this, I use two vessels. The one at the bottom has water and I put the ingredients to melt in the top vessel. Bring the water to a boil and simmer. Stir until the ingredients in the top vessel melt.
- The brownies have to be completely cooled before cutting.
Inviting brownies ready.