This black bean and vegetable casserole is easy and tasty to make. Ever since I started blogging, my menu has expanded a whole lot. The recipe card section in grocery stores that I had always ignored seem to catch my attention these days. I picked this card because it had a whole bunch of healthy ingredients mainly spinach. It was also easy to put together and I used canned beans to make my job even simpler.
It was tasty, healthy and filling and we all loved it. The dish is flexible and you can use any beans or any veggies. Off to the recipe. Recipe from Try-Food recipe cards.
- 1 tsp + 2 tsp oil
- 2 cups frozen spinach (you will need more if fresh spinach is used since it wilts down a whole lot)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno chopped (adjust to taste)
- 1 can black beans rinsed (About 2 cups cooked black beans)
- Salt to taste
- Handful of coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1.5 – 2 cups cups tomato salsa (store bought can also be used)
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese (any cheese can be used)
- 4 – 5 tortillas (8 inches size will do)
Lovely layers and it was a hearty and filling dinner.