I am happy to be guest hosting Anu’s “SYF&HWS – Cook with SPICES” event and the star of the month is “Fenugreek seeds/Methi”. Thanks Anu for letting me guest host your event.
Images from Anu.
Fenugreek / Methi is a wonderful, very aromatic and flavorful spice. Fenugreek seeds are a rich source of the polysaccharide galactomannan. Fenugreek is used as a medicinal in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Arthiritis has a low incidence rate in India where a lot of fenugreek tea is consumed. Drinking 1 cup of fenugreek tea per day, made from the leaves, is said to relieve the discomfort of arthritis.
The event runs from 5th March – 5th April 2012 and the rules are as follows.
1. Send in any vegetarian dish that uses fenugreek seeds/kasuri methi. Fresh methi leaves is not allowed. Eggs are allowed in baking.
2. Usage of the logo is mandatory as it helps spread the word.
3. Recipes must be linked to this event announcement page and to Anu’s page. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-posted with the links.
4. Archived entries are accepted and you can send in any number of entries.
5. Non bloggers can also send in their recipes to the email below.
Please link your entries using the linky tool attached to this post by 5th April 2012. If you have trouble linking, do let me know and I will add it for you.
Non bloggers – Email me your entry and I will post it in my member recipes blog and link it up here. My email id is vardhiniskitchen(at)gmail(dot)com.
This event is open for guest hosting. If interested, do drop in an email to Anu at anu (dot) healthykitchen (at) gmail (dot) com.
Looking forward to all the yummy entries.