I have recently started experimenting kefir and sour dough. Sometimes we do end up with a ton of kefir. While looking around for recipes to use up the extra kefir, my friend passed over this recipe to me. The waffles turned out to be crispy on the outside and instantly became the hit.I served the waffles with maple syrup and the kids enjoyed every bite of it. Off to the recipe. Recipe from here.
- sourdough starter - 1/2 cup
- kefir - 1 cup
- all purpose flour - 3/4 cup
- whole wheat flour - 3/4 cup
- eggs - 2
- milk - 1/2 cup
- honey - 2 tbsp
- butter - 1/4 cup - melted
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
Mix the ingredients for levain and let it rest overnight.
Mix ingredients for batter the next day and mix with levain. Follow instructions for your waffle maker and prepare tasty waffles.
2 years ago: Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
3 years ago: Hummus Wrap with Vegetables.
4 years ago: Mint Raita
1. Prepare the ingredients for levain and let it sit overnight.2. It will rise overnight.3. Mix the ingredients for batter.4. Add to the levain.5. Mix and prepare waffles. Follow instructions for your waffle maker.6. Waffles ready.
Yummy waffles ready.