These cookies were made ages back and I was hesitant to post it initially because it did not look pretty. While glancing over “taste of home cookbook”, I noticed a recipe that uses sour cream. It is an interesting ingredient in a cookie and I had to try it out. We do not buy sour cream usually and hence I went with greek yogurt; the closest substitute according to me.The original cookies pictured in the book were pretty flat and when these came out of the oven quite plumpy, I had second thoughts on how it would taste. But it passed the test with flying colors and was approved by the whole family.
The cookie had a nice chocolate feel due to the cocoa and it felt more like fudge rather than a cookie. It was moist and every bite tasted great. I halved the original recipe and hence the measurements look a bit weird . Off to the recipe.
Tasty cookies with chocolate chips and greek yogurt.
- all purpose flour - 7 oz (8 oz is a cup - so a little less than 1 cup)
- cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- butter - 1/4 cup - softened (1/2 stick)
- sugar - 3 oz (4 oz is half a cup - so a little less than 1/2 cup)
- brown sugar - 1/4 cup - packed
- egg whites - 1
- vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- greek yogurt - 1/4 cup
- chocolate chips - 1/2 cup semisweet + 1/4 cup white chips
Mix all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt; keep aside.
Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg whites and beat again. Add vanilla and greek yogurt and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Finally add the chocolate chips and mix with a spatula. Drop by tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 13 - 15 minutes.
2 years ago: Moong Dal Sundal (Lentil Snack)
1. Take all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.2. Mix to combine. Keep aside.3. Take butter, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl.4. Beat till creamy.5. Add egg white. Beat to combine.6. Add vanilla and greek yogurt.7. Mix well.8. Add the dry ingredient mixture.9. Mix to combine.10. Add chocolate chips.11. Mix with spatula.12. Drop by tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 13 - 15 minutes.13. Out of the oven.
Want a bite?
Linking to BakeFest #26 hosted by Lail.