Last week I had posted about preparing yucca root. This is what I made with the yucca root. While growing up, only plain steamed yucca root was made at home and we used to have yucca root chips from the store. Since we love onions I decided to toss it with some onions like we do for sundal recipes. The result was a tasty snack and we loved it. Off to the easy recipe.
Simple snack with yucca root.
- yucca root - 2 cups - diced
- oil - 1 tsp
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- urad dal - 1/2 tsp (ulutham paruppu)
- onion - 1/4 cup - chopped
- green chilly - 1 (sliced)
- salt - to taste
- turmeric - a pinch
Dice yucca root and cook. I steamed it using a pressure cooker.
Heat oil and season with mustard seeds and urad dal. When the dal turns golden brown add onions, chillies, salt and turmeric.
When the onions are cooked add the cooked yucca root. Mix well and serve warm.
1. Prepare yucca root for cooking. Follow this link.2. Take the diced yucca root in a vessel and cook. I steamed it using a pressure cooker.3. Cooked yucca root.4. Heat oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal.5. Dal is golden brown.6. Add onions and green chilli.7. Add salt and turmeric and allow the onions to cook.8. Onions are cooked.9. Add the cooked yucca root.10. Mix well and serve.
Tasty snack ready.
Linking to New U – 2013.