I have started liking salads for a variety of reasons and a couple of main reasons being they are easy to put together and they are healthy too. Of course “healthy” is going to vary based on the person’s perspective. This salad was put together last summer, I know it was ages back and it got pushed down the list of drafts until now. If mango and beans are an excellent combo, throwing an avocado made it more magical.
It is healthy, protein packed and a wonderful way to use up the ripe mangoes during the summer. It was a light evening snack for us and we enjoyed it. Off to the recipe.
Easy and healthy salad.
- black beans - 1 cup - cooked (canned would work too)
- mango - 1/2 cup - ripe mango - diced
- avocado - 1/2
- onion - 2 tbsp - chopped
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- chaat masala - 1/8th tsp
- chilly powder - 1/8th tsp
- lemon juice - 4 tsp
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- cilantro - 1 tsp - chopped (coriander leaves)
Toss all the ingredients together for a tasty salad.
1. You can vary the quantity of ingredients as needed.
2. Chaat masala can be omitted if needed.
1 year ago: Brinjal Curry
1. Take the cooked black beans and mango pieces in a bowl.2. Add avocado and onions.3. Add salt.4. Add chaat masala.5. Add chilly powder.6. Add lemon juice.7. Add cilantro and olive oil.8. Toss it all together.
Yummy salad ready.
Linking to New U – 2013.