I am so ready for the time change to happen since I am tired of running around like a chicken with a head cut off trying to get the cooking and clicking done before it gets dark. It feels like a marathon until 5pm after which I normally drop dead. Added to the low lighting my 4 yr old finds it amusing when I tell her not to touch the tripod or camera because she has to do that exact thing . Oh and the 8 yr old - the moment I ask him to stay still, I can hear him go thomp thomp with his boots right where the camera is set up. Phew – it is hard work . I am working with 1 – 2 second exposures these days, thanks to the wonderful lighting or not.
These fritters were made last summer when I had an abundance of zucchinis thanks to my friend Rachel. They were very easy to put together and tasted great. I normally make a paste with all purpose flour and water and use that to dip the pieces before coating with breadcrumbs. This time I used egg white and liked it too, in fact a tad better. They were crunchy on the outside and a little soft on the inside and we enjoyed it with ketchup. Off to the recipe.
Baked Zucchini Fritters
Baked Zucchini Fritters that are easy to make.
- zucchini - as needed - I cut about 25 sticks (each 3- 4 inches long)
- breadcrumbs - 1 cup
- parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- eggs - just the white portion of the egg
Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper. Beat the egg white slightly.
Cut zucchini into strips and dip each in the egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 25 min turning once in the middle.
1. All purpose flour mixed with some water can also be used instead of egg white to dip.
1 year ago: Brinjal Garlic Rice
1. Take breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese in a bowl or plate.2. Mix well.3. Beat the egg white slightly.4. Dip the zucchini stick in the egg white.5. Roll it over the breadcrumb mixture.6. Place on greased baking sheet.7. Coated and ready. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 25 minutes turning them once in the middle.8. Out of the oven.
Yummy fritters ready.
6 Responses to Baked Zucchini Fritters
Ooh boy, this looks SO good! I haven’t made anything with zucchini in SO long!
yummy recipe…neat clicks…1st time in ur space..you have great collection of recipes,and when ur free please drop into my blog
fantastic recipe..simply superb..
Very new and interesting one
Lovely recipe.. wondeful healthy evening snack
Wow… Zucchini fritters! what a great idea. They look crisp and delicious