I am happy to be guest hosting Siri’s Healing Foods event for January 2012 with theme “Cauliflower”. Growing up cauliflower was one of my favorite veggie and I loved to eat it in any form, even raw. There is a giveaway for this event. Check below for details.
Cauliflower is low in fat, low in carbs but high in dietary fiber, folate, water, and vitamin C. Cauliflower contains several phytochemicals, common in the cabbage family, that may be beneficial to human health.
Sulforaphane, a compound released when cauliflower is chopped or chewed, may protect against cancer.
Boiling reduces the levels of these compounds, with losses of 20–30% after five minutes, 40–50% after ten minutes, and 75% after thirty minutes.A high intake of cauliflower has been associated with reduced risk of aggressive prostate cancer.
The event runs from 1st – 31st January 2012 and the rules are as follows.
1. Send in any vegetarian dish using cauliflower. Eggs are allowed in baking.
2. Usage of the logo is appreciated as it helps spread the word.
3. Recipes must be linked to this event announcement page and to Siri’s page. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-posted with the links.
4. Archived entries are accepted and you can send in any number of entries.
5. Non bloggers can also send in their recipes to the email below.
Please link your entries using the linky tool attached to this post by 31st January 2012. If you have trouble linking, do let me know and I will add it for you.
Non bloggers – Email me your entry and I will post it in my member recipes blog and link it up here. My email id is vardhiniskitchen(at)gmail(dot)com.
2 lucky winners will win the following books as give-aways. These are great books and thanks to Siri for sponsoring the giveaways.
Cooking at home with Pedatha
Looking forward to all the yummy entries.