After days of brainstorming, I am happy to announce my first event “Dish it Out”. With the logo and everything in place I am pretty excited the same way I was when I first started my blog. This is going to be a monthly event where the host will pick 2 or 3 ingredients and the participants need to use ALL the ingredients mentioned by the host in one dish. The ingredients can range from vegetables to flours to legumes .. basically anything vegetarian. (Eggs are allowed only in baking). This event is open for guest hosting and if anybody is interested in hosting this event, do drop in a line at vardhiniskitchen(at)gmail(dot)com.
I wanted this event to be fun and challenging at the same time. To start off I am going to be using some easy combination of ingredients, but down the line we can have some wacky combinations making it challenging.
The ingredients for the month (June 2011) are “Spinach” and “Garlic” and the event runs from 1st – 30th June 2011.
The rules for the “Dish it Out” are:
1. All the ingredients mentioned must be used in one dish. Ingredients not on the list can also be used, but we should be able to taste the mentioned ingredients.
2. Only vegetarian or vegan recipes please. Eggs are allowed in baking.
3. Usage of the logo is appreciated. (Use any one)
4. Recipes must be linked to this event announcement page and to the host’s announcement page if hosted by a guest. If sending an old entry, it needs to be re-published with the links.
5. You can send in any number of entries.
6. Non bloggers can also send in their recipes to the email below.
Please send in your entries with the subject “Dish it Out – Spinach and Garlic” by 30th June 2011 to vardhiniskitchen(at)gmail(dot)com with the following info.
Recipe Photo (Please limit to max 400 pixels)
Looking forward to all the lovely entries from all my blogger and non-blogger friends.