We all know that sprouts are healthy and moong sprouts are a good source of protein and fiber. Making them at home is very easy and requires no special tool.
1. Wash the dry moong beans and let it soak in water for around 12 hours. I use warm water for soaking the beans.
2. Wash and drain the water. Let the soaked beans remain in the vessel. Cover the vessel with a lid and make sure the vessel is in a warm place. I leave it on the counter top as there is sunlight coming in through the window.
3. After few hours you will notice sprouts coming out. Leave it for few more hours until they are about a cm long.
4. Now transfer to fridge or freezer.
5. Healthy sprouts ready. I usually eat them raw. I also use a couple of handfuls when I grind adai batter.
Linking to Kitchen Basics.