Chaat is an Indian street food and there are tons of varieties. Even though papdi is a snack on its own, it is widely used in a variety of chaats. Likewise most chaats use sev that can also be made at home. This is a simple chaat using papdi and sev. Like I mentioned before, once you have the basic chaat ingredients ready, it is easy to put together tasty snacks. The crunchiness of the padi and tanginess of the chutney can be felt in each bite.This chaat uses tamarind chutney and boiled potatoes. Assemble it and customize it to your preference. For most of the chaats, I discussed with my friend Shai since chaats are completely new to me. Off to the recipe.
Tasty Indian street food.
- papdi - 4
Homemade papdi can be made following this link .
- potatoes - 3 - 4 tbsp - cooked and coarsely mashed
- onion - 1 - 2 tbsp - chopped
- tomatoes - 1 tbsp - diced
- tamarind chutney - 1 - 2 tbsp
Homemade chutney can be made following this link .
- cilantro - 1 tbsp - chopped
- sev - 2 - 3 tbsp
Homemade sev can be made following this link .
- salt - as needed - optional
Place the papdis on a plate and place remaining ingredients in small quantities over it. Serve immediately.
1. Chaats are supposed to be served immediately or else they may turn out soggy.
1 year ago: Broccoli Cheese Soup
2 years ago: Puran Poli
1. Place papdis in a plate.2. Add onion and potatoes.3. Add tomatoes.4. Next goes the tamarind chutney.5. Add cilantro and a sprinkle of salt.6. Add sev and serve immediately.
Tasty snack ready.